A Weekend Roundup
I went to Disneyland three times this week. The first day was a nice and sweaty 90°, the second day was cold and rainy, and the third day was a perfect 70° (in case you were wondering what winter-to-spring transition is like in SoCal).
Anyway, Monica and I haven't posted here in what feels like forever and I miss doing Fave 5's. Those were time consuming however, so here's a quick list of stuff I like lately.
- Annie Clark (aka St. Vincent) designed a very cool guitar from scratch with women's bodies in mind. For those who don't play guitar, let me tell you, boob-smashing is a real problem.
- Here is a masterpost of every single joke from Harris's Foam (formerly Phone) Corner. Wifi? Because-fi.
- A short documentary on how a museum miniature diorama is made by the Field Museum, which is my dream job btw.
- Speaking of the the Field Museum, The Brain Scoop posted this video on periods and field work and it is amazing. Emily Graslie is awesome and informative and The Brain Scoop is one of my favorite things on YouTube.
- I've been watching Felicia Day livestream Rise of the Tomb Raider and it made me go out and buy the game. The last time I played Tomb Raider, Lara Croft had a pixelated body and booty shorts so this is... different. Everything in the game is beautiful to look at and I like the story so far.
- And lastly, I started listening to the Campaign podcast, and by "listening" I mean I binged all 50+ episodes in the last few weeks. Campaign is four nerds playing a Star Wars role playing game (Edge of the Empire) and it is ridiculous. It's narrative and super fun to listen to. If you are looking for a story about a bounty-hunting crew living out 3 Men and a Baby in space plus a poisonous wolf, then this is it. Also there's evil rabbits and ghost tours? There's a whole episode where all they do is go to the mall. It's great, please listen.
p.s. I've got a couple DIYs + crochet patterns on the back burner and should be posting one this week!