DIY Crop Top
Summer is in full swing here in CA and seeing as how the 90's trend is not dying down anytime soon, I thought I'd do a quick, super-easy crop top DIY. This is the easiest no-sew refashion ever. Literally all you need is a pair of scissors. Oh, and a top.
1. Put on your shirt and mark how short you want to cut it. I used a pin but you could use chalk or a pen.
2. Lay out your top so the side seams, arm holes, and bottom hem are lined up (as pictured).
3. Cut in a straight line from the back and stop about 3 inches from the front. If you're planning on hemming the shirt then leave room for seam allowance.
4. Cut in a diagonal from where you stopped to the bottom of the front of the shirt. This description is confusing so just cut along the dotted lines in the picture.
5. Open the shirt and lay it out so the front is facing you. Cut straight up the middle of the front piece to the bottom of the shirt. If there's not enough space between the two pieces to make a nice knot, then widen it by making a little canoe shape (like I did).
6. Done! If your fabric frays then hem the bottom or sew a zig-zag stitch.